Monday, December 4, 2006

S. Cal Half Marathon

Well I ran a great race time of 1:32:00 at the S. Cal Half suffering with two side stitches during the middle miles and blisters on both feet over the last 3. I probably could have run 30 seconds to a minute faster without the stitches because my legs and wind were still pretty strong but I decided to just keep the same pace and not push for a few extra seconds. 4th place in my age group. Wow. The weather was perfect 45 at the start and 55 at the finish. My heart rate was higher than ususal, must have been the adrenaline. I averaged 172 over the race and stayed at 175 over the last 5 miles.

1 comment:

Jessica DeLine said...

you are fast. Good job! What is your half PR? A coworker of mine ran the 5K and she was the overall female winner in 16-something. Geesh I feel slow.