Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bored at work

It's a rainy Sunday and I'm trying to catch up on my work. My current distraction is deciding what matarthon to run in December. The Rocket City Marthon in Huntsville, Al looks like a winner. It's a small race of about 1,000 runners and the price $45 and cheap hotel $75 make is a bargain. The course is flat, cool to cold weather and the reviews on marathonguide.com are all 5 star. I can use my free United miles and my old significant cost is a rental car. I can even fly in to Atlanta and visit cousin Nathan. The hostel hotel, and Embassy Suites is across the street from the start and unlike the Huntington Beach at $250 a night was only $119 in 2006. I've never visited the South and this would be a fun way to see a new part of the country.

No comments: