Saturday, June 6, 2009

Limestone Canyon run

I spotted this rattle snake today along the side of the trail about 50 yards away from the Limestone Canyon Sinks. I saw him when I stopped to relieve myself along the side of the trail along a section of trail where there is a side of a hill bordering the trail. The snake was lying on this hill up at my chest level not more than four feet from my face when I spotted it at which point I backed away and found a safer spot to take care of my business. After we took a short stop to view the sinks, I showed him to our trail group and he didn't move at all so we weren't sure he was alive. We threw some sand near him and he didn't resond so I took a long stick and gently touched him and he managed to stick his tongue out at me but he stayed coiled. He was either very tired or possibly sick. We had some nice cool cloudy weather for this morning's run through Limestone with a stop at the Sinks and a stop at the Dripping Springs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: